So I'm currently sitting here remembering this time almost two weeks ago, I was on the sofa wearing fluffy pug dressing gown from topshop, completely reminiscing about life. On the 29th I started to gradually get that winter illness that seemed to be spreading round. YES, that does mean that I, Lottie, missed out on celebrating New Years because I was too busy coughing, changing in and out of pyjamas because I was too hot and needed to cool down, I found it felt like flipping your pillow over when you're too hot and literally feeling like you're in a cool heaven until the nasty cough ruins the moment.
So now that I am better I can finally appreciate my christmas presents and start using them everyday/ as much as I possibly can. Although I am still not fully recovered, still got this nasty cough (Please let me know any remedies you guys know of to clear a chesty cough). As a student, I am extremely poor and can't afford even the necessities so anything anyone treats me too, I appreciate it so much more than when I was younger.
Heated blankets keep the monsters away. I got a heated blanket and I literally felt like a little girl getting a car for her favourite Barbie and her friends to cruise in for christmas. My room gets pretty cold in the winter and I love to be nice and cosy and not full of goosebumps and layers. I also have very achy muscles especially my leg due to a patella injury so my heated blanket sooths it like no tomorrow.
You don't have to talk to anyone. I am not going to pretend I haven't had a rough patch, because I have. The last few months of 2016 has been extremely tough on me, and everyone thought I was the happiest, energetic girl. Inside, I was caught up in all my emotions, and I didn't want to talk about it. A very good friend of mine told me that I have to make a million mistakes to realise that they're not my mistakes, they're my motivation, and that the happy, energetic girl on the outside is me, I just got lost along the way. A week later my best friend gave me a very emotional and amazing christmas present (she also got me Drake tickets, which I physically cried when I opened it), this book is my go to, every night before bed I write on one page, how my day went, what I did and sometimes I even have a rant (and just write really small), there's no more keeping in the words I want to say.
I hit writer's block, but 2017 i'm coming for you. I'm not only talking about blogging, i'm talking about how most students are like this time of year. Major assignments, exams, deadlines coming up and you have hit the 'I have no bluddy idea what the hell I am doing' stage. For christmas my sister got me a notebook, pegs, string and a jar with notes. 'Sounds weird?' Trust me unwrapping my present to find I got string.. you can imagine the reaction right? 'Oh goodness, string, wow thanks, I really needed this' but as I unwrapped everything else, I realised my sister basically gave me a writers/ student survival pack.
The pegs are for pegging up my work in sections, as you see by the photo. The notebook is for writing any ideas/plans I have for my blog, I also got a diary to write blog release dates and assignment dates, so that I can manage both of them. The jar with notes are not like love notes, it's a whole load of ideas on what to do, that I haven't even thought of. She also hooked me up with lenses on the go for my phone, so every time I am in London I don't need to carry my camera.
Lastly, a massive thanks to Boohoo for making me feel fabulous again with my cinderella shoes and gorgeous bodycon dress. My Suede biker jacket and bag is from Warehouse, and the bag is now on sale!!
I may have celebrated New year's a week later this year, but I sure did celebrate.
2017, watch out, Lottie's Wardrobe is back and she's going places.
“Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” — Coco Chanel
LOTTIE OUT X



No comments:
Post a Comment