This week was a very busy week in London getting prepared to go back to studying, and coming to the realisation that summer is officially over. People always ask me, 'don't you ever get bored of London now that you study there?' I, obviously answer no. Why? Because there is never a boring day in London, every street welcome's you to something so different.
![]() |
| Photographed by: WWD |
One of my favourite places to go to in london is the V&A. On tuesday me and my mum went and saw the undressed exhibition, it was incredible. This exhibition showed us the history of underwear, how it has gone from keeping us covered, protecting us in our sleep and now be part of our day to day fashion. Now, I am not the one to like exhibitions because I get bored after ten minutes if there is nothing interactive etc. But this really caught my eye, it's most probably because it's to do with fashion. The bottom floor showed from about 1750 to 1900's, the evolution of it, this was fascinating to see the tiny waists that women would attempt to get by whale bone corsets which marked as underwear.
![]() |
| Photographed by: Cajsa Carlson |
Upstairs showed the like of Vivienne Westwood, Stella Mccartney, Paul Smith and many other designers. This section really made a difference to me, they played short clips with the designers and design team talking about what underwear is all about. Fifi Chachnill explained that 'underwear is the theatrical morphology of women'.I find it incredible that a woman is now capable of purchasing that cute little bralet and completely redesigning it without a click of a finger into our day to day fashion, and being able to work around without a worry in the world of what people say because, everything has a little devour.
I don't want to say to much because I expect you to go see what all the buzz is about, the exhibition is on until Sunday 12th March 2017, so you have plenty of time to go see it and tell me what you think!
You can book here at: Undressed: A brief history of underwear



No comments:
Post a Comment