The summer look

Sunday, 29 March 2015

Weekend Antics

A night out in Milton Keynes


I'm sure, as most of you should know me by now, I love the weekends. Working during the weeks keeps me motivated to not sit on my bum all day watching criminal minds. When a Wednesday comes I play four five seconds by Rihanna ft Kanye West and the Paul McCartney, and that just reminds me I have '3 more days till Friday'. I love music and to have a little boogie with my close friends or as we say 'turn up'. 

My favourite working day is Friday, this is due to the fact that the store gets ready for the weekend so there is so much to do as well as speak to our lovely customers that come in to our store. Friday reminds me that the weekend is starting, once I’ve finished work I either go to sleep as soon as possible so that Saturday can come quickly or go down to my local pub and have some drinks and a chit chat with the other locals.

 When I have the next day off on a weekend, I enjoy a few more drinks than usual with my ladies and dress up all sassy or just make myself look nice because I have been wearing the same uniform for five days.

The selfie. This selfie is highly important for many girls. For myself it's to prove I can actually doll myself up once and a while and it feels good, with my love for beauty and fashion I need to ensure I look my best for my ‘Milton Keynes people’.

The best night to go out, in my opinion is a Sunday where the girls and I head off to Pink Punters, the best night out in Milton Keynes. Why is it the best club you ask? Now for us ladies, we like to feel safe when going out at night which when we are dressed up we feel a lot more fear because night time is usually where most crimes are made. As well as the drinks being £2.50 every sunday and thursday. WHO SAYS NO TO CHEAP DRINKS!?

Going out to the city to places like Lloyds is fun, don't get me wrong, however, the fights there are ridiculous, some people you will know who goes to the city and happens to get in fights each weekend, and frankly, I'm sick of it. There is nothing wrong with someone asking us for a drink or try and dance with us, if we say yes or dance with you then okay carry on, but when we say no, the point is to walk away and go enjoy your night, not stress us out and ruin the fun. 

At Pink Punters, which I am quite the regular there now, you will always be safe. Any sign of a strong argument or any bad judgement going around, you will be out. Pink Punters is a Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, transgender bar. There is always a mixture and I have met some life long friends there.

The staff has always got a smile on their face and being the life of the party. My parents can only sleep if I am going out to Pinks because it's the one place I don't complain about the next day, apart from 'My head hurts' from consuming the drinks. There are three rooms at Pinks, there is upstairs where the old school/ top 40 music is played. Then you have downstairs music, which I haven’t figured out what it plays now, more house/garage music, but it has poles, which is loved by everyone (ps. You do not have to be a professional, the worse, the funnier). ‘Downstairs, Downstairs’ is the house/deep houseroom, my favourite room. 

Tonight (29th march) my old school friend Matt Rimmington is playing a set in my favourite room, with his mate Tom Morley, two very inspirational guys who are doing something with their talent and heading towards their dreams. They call themselves ‘Machu X Moxi’. Both studying Music tech at De Monfort University, in Leicester, where they met six months ago and 'Haven't looked back since'.  I’ve listened to their mixes and they get me dancing and I am, as I would say ‘buzzing’ for tonight, seeing them do what they love most, live. 



Don’t miss out on tonight’s event. If you would like to have a listen on what you’re going to be raving to tonight then like their Facebook page (In the link below), plug your speakers in and get ready for what is possibly, Pinks biggest night yet! See you all there!







                                                      LOTTIE OUT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment