The best part is getting ready.
When I get ready, I will admit I turn into that typical girl who spends hours getting ready. The fun about getting ready is not just putting on make up and doing up your hair. It's so much more than that:
- Wake up
- Have breakfast
- Brush teeth
- Grab my phone and speakers and play my daily playlist
- Find out what to wear
- Decide I don't want to wear it so I keep going until I find the right on
- Choose the nail colour
- Decided what make up I need (pretty much the same everyday)
- Figure out what I am doing with the hair
- Choose the lipstick
- Decide what necklace and earrings to wear
- BAGS, what make will I take today?
So I could go through all of this and bore you but instead I'll go straight to the nails and make up today- lucky readers!
Green's my favourite colour!
I'll be honest with you guys, I don't usually wear nail polish, not because I don't want to but finding the time to do it when I work 5 days a week is difficult because there's not enough time in the morning. However when it comes to a day off I take as much time as possible to get ready the right way. With green being my favourite colour you will only mainly ever see me with green nails, or red. I also absolutely love sparklesssss, makes me feel fabulous! On my nails today I used a lovely teal colour with Barry M with a coating of stardust teal from Avon which one of my mums friend represents. Each time I paint my nails I coat them with Sally Hansen's Advanced hard as nails. I assume that most of you have heard of this incredible women, she's been around for about 50 years and I would not go anywhere else to protect my nails.
Always look after your skin
Say no to foundation lines!
The one thing I care about most of all is making sure I don't have foundation lines - you know the orange look some people get when they been fake tanning, yeah not about that look if I am to be honest. Every time I will get my skin tested for the foundation that I buy. I also test out different ones and found out the amount of money you pay for your foundation is to do with the quality of the foundation, I personally use Yves Saint Laurent and will never turn back, it leaves my skin feeling even more beautiful but not just for half an hour until it dries into my skin, but all day and night.
Guilty..
I have loved make up since I was about 6 years old and seen the change over the years on what you can do and how to do it, when I found out that some eyebrows are drawn in all the magazines and I started really liking the look of it, I thought I would give it a go and now my essential is my eyebrow wax. You can shape them yourself and if you are like me I have some hairs that point up on my eyebrows so putting wax on them keeps them down, as well as eyebrows being 'sisters not twins' you can make it look less obvious that eyebrows will always be higher than the other but shaping them with your eyebrow pencil or wax can avoid this being seen a lot less. I personally use Benefit's eyebrow wax because they make my eyebrows look more fuller and natural than pencil when often you can see some darker than the other.
Highlight them cheekbones
I never thought of using blusher or bronzer before until me and my mother went to London and saw that Mr Calvin Klein was doing cosmetics now, a lovely man approached us and asked if I wanted to have my make up done so I decided to give it a go, he made me feel incredible and definitely knew what he was talking about, he also taught me how to use the products as well as teaching me how to blend my eyeshadow and put on lipstick 'the right way'. When he started putting blusher on me I felt like my face was lit up suddenly. I also broke my bank that day but haven't stopped using blusher, I guess I like having them 'feel good days'. The blusher I use is body shop which still brightens up my cheekbones and feels lush on the skin.
'The beauty is in the eye'
Most people will be with me on this who loves eyeshadow. The Naked 3 pallet is the best present I have ever received, the colours are fantastic. I can go from 'the day look' to the 'night out look' they blend perfectly and I won't go a day without it just because I don't want to neglect my eyes, if I'm putting make up on I might as well do it all. Urban Decay has done us girls well. Due to it not having a black shade in there I brought one separately, the black matte L'oreal Paris, which goes extremely well with the sparkle pink, still as easy to blend together.
The finishing touches..
I don't do this everyday mainly when I go out in the evenings or have a day trip but I finish off my make up with one of my many lipsticks.. favourite one being Chanel No.99. I also add Mascara so my eyelashes look longer than they are already and a fine eye liner to add that extra bit of chic.













No comments:
Post a Comment