The summer look

Thursday, 13 November 2014

Onwards and Upwards!

So this isn't my normal fashion post that I usually do, in fact it's no where near. This Blog post is on my life plans, making a change and taking a big step towards my career in fashion and i'm taking you readers out there with me on my journey.

All last week I was off work with upper respiratory infection and tonsillitis, the one thing I hate about being ill is the fact you can't do anything, you just have to rest. I'm not the type to just sit and do nothing I like doing things. I love working and feeling that sense of achievement that i've actually got of my arse and done something.

This is no exaggeration, everyday, before work, I sit down in costa and have my usual flat white (at the moment with the new old paradise flavour, very nice!) or if i'm feeling cold, a lovely hot chocolate with cream does me right, I get my laptop out and just search for anything whether it's going on Pinterest, Blogging or looking on vogue's website and dreaming about being at that catwalk show.



 I went back to work on Tuesday 11th November and when I got home a big change happened that I never thought I would be doing because I thought I was going to be at O'Neill till I was at least 20 but I wrote my resignation and handed it in yesterday,on Wednesday 12th November, it's time for a fresh new start.

There are many things I will miss about working for O'Neill, the free clothes, the discount, the sense of accomplishment when selling and giving me so much more confidence than I did when I was sixteen, the regular customers that I have gotten to know really well and has actually inspired me to carry a career in fashion and go further, the regular flat white that I have in the morning and the nice chat's I have with the staff. The main thing I will miss about my job is working in Xscape, I have met some awesome people who I will always keep in contact with, the atmosphere is so chilled and I can come into work feeling happy because everyone else has a smile on their face.

All my life I've had a passion for fashion and Beauty, I have had this image in my head for years of where I want to be when I am older, for example in my own huge organised office in New York or London (I'm a city girl) with the latest vogue magazine at the end of my desk and a morning 'to go' coffee cup- so basically I watch the film Devil wears Prada to many times. I want to be in a high-end career in fashion, at the very top of the career chart! However I don't actually know what I want to do in fashion, so I am now focusing on studying the routes of fashion, I will now be going to a fashion academy in september rather than january which was my original plan, to gain qualifications and get my knowledge up in fashion. So I have a good few months to get my head in the game, see what careers in fashion are optional to me and progress from there. When I leave my job in a few weeks I won't be going into a job straight away, unless something amazing comes up, then obviously I am going to take it! But I will be visiting different cities and town's and seeing the difference in fashion and trends- if there is any, once I get more of an understanding, I will keep you guys updated!


Some people may think I am acting crazy going from a full time job to almost nothing but actually, to me, I think i'm making the right choice because it's a way for me to create my own path and lead myself to success. I am now the happiest I have ever been because things are finally turning around for me. If that's wrong, then so be it.


I would like to take this opportunity to thank my friends and family for their support with my decisions and look forward to taking this path with them. I am very lucky to have my parents and sister by my side and friends who are as creative as me understand and put up with me changing what I want to do every week or so. When I do find out though, you guys will be the first to know.

So what's your next step? Life's too short to stay in one place, when you have a dream, chase it.



Lottie out!

No comments:

Post a Comment