The summer look

Monday, 8 December 2014

Lottie's Christmas Travels


Okay so Christmas is less than a month away now and I am getting very very excited! It seems like the older I get the meaning of christmas changes. When I was 5 years old -11 years old it was all about the presents, thinking that Christmas day is for trading presents, I remember I used to rip off all the wrapping paper and then when I knew what my presents were Christmas would be over and I would have to wait for my birthday in January (not a bad wait!). But from when I started secondary school it was all about the spirit and how everyone seems to be a whole lot happier and less 'omg I am more popular than you, do not talk to me'. Everyone was sat at the canteen eating a roast Christmas traditional meal with a christmas cracker, there would be christmas songs on full blast and everyone with their Christmas hats on and playing with the little toys we got in the crackers, these were the moments I cherished in school.

Each year the happy spirit has carried on and each year me and my long time best friend, Kelsi Goodyear would have our energy levels to the highest and just annoy everyone without a care in the world. Snow days were the best days, me and Kelsi would go to each others houses and build snowmen and have snowball fights which actually hurt but we were having fun 'No pain, No gain'. However leaving secondary school, we grow up and I didn't quite realise the responsibility you have to have; whether it's going to university or starting a proper job or even your first ever job! There is no playing snowball fights now, it's over. However us so called 'adults' can still have fun just in a different way e.g. watching typical christmas films with a hot chocolate or dancing round the room listening to Michael Buble's Christmas album, oh no one else does that? Right so anyway my point is when it comes to Christmas I miss being a child and to all my younger readers, make the most of it whilst the spirit is still there because soon enough you'll be like me -skint because you actually have to pay for other people's presents now rather than relying on my parents.

My sister and I took a lovely Christmas trip to London on thursday and I don't think I have ever walked so much in my life but I had the best day trip in a long time. We first started by getting off the train and realised we might be a little too cold (we assumed it would be okay with just a coat) so we took a detour to oxford street to get ourselves scarfs and gloves and then we were set to go. We took a trip to Winter Wonderland which was absolutely incredible, the people were smiling and music was playing at its loudest the atmosphere was lovely, we enjoyed a nice mulled wine which was sweet but very nice! Once we finished at Winter Wonderland we headed over to Shoreditch which was full of fashionista's, bearded men and vintage markets full of affordable clothes (well some shops anyway). Trying to find a place to eat there was another story, the cheapest place to eat was a £35 ahead restaurant which was a pub as well, no pubs did food! So that made our decision nice and quick to head over to Camden.

I have always wanted to visit Camden purely because when my friends put up pictures of the sign 'CAMDEN LOCK' i'm constantly questioning why I have not been there because the sign is so colourful! Camden is the most creative and colourful place I have ever seen. The people there, I have mixed feelings about some are polite some I thought was going to mug me and a lot of drug dealers which i'm not sure why they were just hanging around the streets when there were so many police officers every where, not enough evidence I guess? Apart from the smell, but different places live in different ways I think it's sad but it's nice for people to live in cities that show their style and personality. However we did find the nicest pub that made the best steak I have ever tasted (no exaggeration). We spent a few hours chatting about life before heading off and exploring Camden market. Our last stop was Covent Garden, my favourite place in London, everyone is dressed up elegantly and so many nice bars however the majority of them was for 'over 21's' which was annoying for me or either to posh or a nightclub that did not look like a night club from the outside, so having to awkwardly turn around acting like we had something better to do was proven harder than we thought. So in the end we decided to go to a lovely Nandos and then stop for cocktails at TGI Friday's which was also excellent service! London will be my home soon and I am now extremely excited to be apart of a great city!









No comments:

Post a Comment