The summer look

Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Let's get organised.

'What even is organised?'




Easter is over and college could not had come quick enough. For the first time I decided to get really organised for college, I became so much more motivated to do everything for college so that I won't get behind for my unit.

Then the night before came and the list went on. 'I haven't done this..' 'Where's my card' 'Do we definitely not have any homework?'. So let's go back to when I said 'Decided to get really organised for college' what I should have said is I prepared myself for college without even knowing I was doing it. Since my room got renovated, I have changed it around so much, the one thing I now adore in a room is storage space. You can find anything if it's in a certain space, how amazing is that!?


So to start with I got storage boxes for under my bed to put my college brief sheets and any other paper work in, so it was easy to find. I also added my books and magazines so every fashion medium that I owned was now in the same place (see via my Instagram). I then organised my make up drawers, (which is now becoming a weekly thing if you've seen my snapchats) as well as my chest of drawers putting my technological products in etc. Everything was in place, so it only took me ten minutes to figure out where everything was which meant I actually had all my college stuff ready because I've put them into storage so I know they won't get lost.

As your reading this, you might either think 'I was the exact same when I went to college/ Uni or School today' or 'she is a complete doughnut'.  But this is for you readers who are the fraction of people that have just been given their coursework brief or even struggling to get everything planned out.


So let's do it now. Let's have a social life and have all work completed on time. Yes, this is possible.

Step 1:


An organised room, whether it be your bedroom or the place in your home where you are the most, keep it tidy. You won't realise but you will be so much more motivated and refreshed when everything is organised, there is no stress. If your tutor suddenly asks for one of last terms sheets because it's related to the new topic and your whole class face goes completely pale and you all look at each other, although relieved because if you all haven't done it then that's fine, isn't it? Well when your tutor turns and says to bring it for next lesson, with your organised storage space you will know where it is and then you now have time to socialise and do whatever your heart desires.

Step 2:

Now when your tutor has given you homework, the reason why you have forgotten this is because it's not there in your face staring at you until you do it. When I was at school I used to think I was an invincible child and I could remember anything, I tell you readers, this certainly was not the case for me in the end. So I have a study planner, I have written down every detail that my tutor mentions on my notes and any 'research' I may need to do or homework. So far so good it's all ticks so far.

Step 3:

Going back to education was probably the hardest decision that I have made. I still find it difficult now to get my brain. When it comes to my Unit's I look at my brief at the start and think 'oh six weeks, plenty of time' no, the reason you have been given this time isn't so you can leave it until the 5th week it's so that each week you can balance yourself. They give you a time so that you can avoid the stress overload. So now, I have a life planner as well as a study planner/ diary. Creating a time frame for my work, ensuring if it is a big assignment I have a break, and then come back to it, on the same day. I set myself alarms for every 30 minutes- 1 hour that I do work and then have a 15-20 break. Before this, I advise writing a to do list and cross of what you have done, you will feel a sense of achievement.. or relief!



         LOTTIE OUT X              



No comments:

Post a Comment