Okay guys, so this may come as a shock to you that I am writing about a completely different retailer to what I normally do, however by the end of it, 'your mind may be blown' or you'll just rethink the Marks and Spencers brand. So Louise, my course leader invited me to go to Marks and Spencers digital head office in paddington for two days, they were two very quick and amazing days, but I made the most of it. We got split into groups and asked to work on a way to try and get 18-24 year olds to shop online at M&S. Now at first I thought Marks and Spencers has the older generation fashion and the most delicious food. With this project, came a lot of research, we first sorted out what we as a group thought when someone says Marks and Spencers, and that comes to what is stopping this demographic group.
Instagram: @marksandspensers
Once I saw their Instagram, I decided to take a look at the fashion week attire's and their website and narrowed down my three favourites.
This Jacquard Mini Skirt is absolutely gorgeous to wear as a day to day outfit with a long sleeved/ turtle neck jumper with knee high boots.
My one favourite trend at the moment is the lace up clothing, M&S stock a sleek Eyelet Tie Up Blouse that you can dress up or down, with some nice skinny jeans or button up skirt.
This Over Coat was the vogue choice, over coats are perfect for anytime in the day especially in Autumn/Winter, it's smart but you can dress down with some slim jeans or a nice dress and flats.
I know that at the moment it's a struggle to go into Marks and Spencers because you know that your parents and grandparents wear the clothing, but once you start searching through their social media sites, you start to realise the clothing is aiming at our age group but builds a perception that it's for older generation because it's styled on older models. Check out this video from London Fashion Week and realise, M&S think of us too, it's just not on the right advertisement yet.




No comments:
Post a Comment