The summer look

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Lottie's and Sam's trip to the zoo

Don't tell me you're not with me on this one girls!

Everyday for me starts off with a selfie (not taking pictures necceserily but just a cheeky look in the camera) Not because I am vain but because photos make you look different than you see yourself in the mirror. Ever heard of the word 'photogenic'? Well I always hear people say 'that person looks better in person than in photos'. So I have to look in the mirror and on my camera to see if i've missed anything e.g. 'one eye's darker than the other' or just to see what I look like. I must admit I do have to make sure I look nice and fresh because even if I dont feel fresh others around me wont see it due to the power of fashion and make up. Girl's, don't tell me you do not do the same? When you feel good about yourself, picture it, there's nothing wrong with a cheeky selfie now and then or just a casual look in the phone camera if there's no mirrors around.

Trip to the Zoo with my Boo

My best friend Sam Ross, my lovely fashionista and I, took a trip to the Twycross zoo on tuesday because the weather was so lush, as you can see by the skirts and shades below. Now I realise I am saying that it was hot on tuesday, however I do love my black clothes because it goes with every colour e.g. this vintage blazer that I am wearing which was left by my Nana when she sadly passed away but me and my sister are always wearing it, STYLISH NANA! I am also wearing a pair of golden/bronze gladiators from New Look that me and my sister both brought about 3 years ago now and they have lasted! So basically having a sister the same size as you is really handy! (Cheap retail does last you know!) Lastly I have styled my outfit up with a gold and black necklace which I got from Primark for £2, bargain!? (okay so I brought it for my mum however me and my sister keep borrowing it so technical it's just something for us to share) My Chanel lipstick that I am wearing is most probably the same price as my whole outfit put together but it stayed on all day, absolute miracle, you pay for what you get with make up!


My lovely Sam Ross is modelling a beautiful Primark black kimono, which is my new addiction (yes, another one!). Her sandals make the outfit look classy yet casual because they're black and the design of the sandals I adore, I'm not a fan of having something inbetween my feet which is why I wear either boat shoes or sandals for the summer because it's far too hot unfortunately for my black boots.

 Her H&M crop top which is in trend right now goes perfectly with her pineapple dress, PINEAPPLE'S! Fruit is the new clothing if you haven't seen yet. Perfect summer's day outfit to wear to the zoo! If you have not visited Twycross Zoo yet then I would highly reccomend you go, and see the baby meerkat's and the new baby elephant they have, I just wanted to take her home!

The big question

I'm not sure if you can see in Sam's picture but she is also wearing a choker above her chain necklace, I have not figured out why yet but I absolutely love it, I have four now in different colours, they look so lovely on. I'm not sure whether its because having a necklace actually on your neck makes it somewhat 'sexy' or 'elegant'. I usually hate wearing necklaces because it bugs me how it's always in the way and when im dancing I have to hold it so it does not hit me in the face or someone else for that matter. What's your opinion on Choker's?

'Chokers- Yay or Nay?'





No comments:

Post a Comment