The summer look

Monday, 7 September 2015

Lottie's new adventures

FRA GAME

You know when you wake up one morning (and this is only on the occasion because mornings are not my thing) and think 'today is going to be a good day' well.. this happened to me two weeks ago. I was just eating at five guys the new restaurant open in Xscape, when I got a phone call from my mother. I that point I blanked out as soon as she said 'Charlotte, London Fashion Retail Academy wants to interview you on thursday' I paused for at least two minutes before jumping up and down and smiling so much that my jaw ached for a good hour. I apply every year for that academy and this year was going to be the last year on applying before giving up all hope, and it's a good job I did!


On Thursday 27th August I was accepted in to the Fashion Retail Academy, I started today and am so exited to start the first assignment! I have met some lovely people already that I know will turn into lifetime friends. I can finally expand my knowledge on all aspects of retail. So this evening I thought I would give a few tips on what to get and how to become organised for college so that you don't slack on any work. As much as I have loved these past three years working in retail, there is only so much you can learn by yourself.


Tip 1- Keep Clean



Whether you have a study or you are just revising in your bedroom/ kitchen/ lounge. Working in a organised and clean environment can get rid of distractions. You have space to put all your revision notes, laptop, pencils, you will know where everything goes and never lose anything. I also find it very therapeutic once I've got the house chores done and then I don't have any stress about losing things or anything getting in the way every second of the day. The more clutter you are surrounded by the more you will become unorganised and lack motivation to study.




Tip 2- Folders



As before, keeping your documents and revision notes organised will not make any confusion. Organising your notes into sections means that you can easily go to that folder rather than flickering through every page to find the right topic. There are many ways to order your notes from either what day the notes were made, putting the notes all together that you have done each week (i.e week 1, week 2). However I would do it by topic so in my course it would be unit 1, unit 2 , unit 3. Each folder will be a unit and then I would put this into different topics of the unit i.e visual merchandising, communications in fashion retail, fashion buying etc. 


Tip 3- Colours!!



Colours can mean anything but I just like the word 'colours'. In revision I tend to either highlight the topic, title or the word I am defining. This is because I find it easier to remember if I look at the word that is highlighted, I am not too sure why just yet but it works for me and some people. For myself, making my revision colourful makes it look pretty and not like I am reading a boring book. If not using a highlighter, I like to use coloured Biro's, I actually just purchased some new colours from staples and am very exited to start using them.



Tip 4- Desk Tidy



In Lesson's you will most likely always get lose sheets of paper that your tutor gives you, and if you are like me then something tends to happen to it within 2 days despite the fact you have not moved it from the spot you put it in. So to make things less stressful and having a panic attack because you've lost a timetable or any sheets for the class, a desk tidy (A4 drawers) and label each one so you will never lose them.






Outfit of the day

Ripped for college I wore my favourite Topshop Ripped Jeans with my Cami top (which sadly they do not stock but take a look at their latest ones!) and to go over I wore my favourite item of clothing I have brought so far- my Topshop Sleeveless blazer. It was also pretty nippy outside so I popped on a light weight river island jacket. To make sure I wasn't looking to dressed up because I never know what to wear on the first day I put on my all black converses.



1 comment: